Psychological treatment is also known by other names such as talk therapy or psychotherapy. This involves the patient opening up their thoughts, emotions, and feelings, to a qualified and trained professional in a safe, non-judgmental and safe environment.
This type of an intervention session helps the patient in more than one way. These sessions help them to:
• Understand their thoughts and behaviour in a better manner
• Acquire skills to have a better understanding of their problems and also resolve them on their own
• Find it easier to recognise symptoms of mental illness on their own
• Acquire coping skills to manage these symptoms and to even reduce the symptoms
• Change their behaviour in a more positive way
• Improve the quality of their life